The tennis and pickleball courts are reopening Tuesday May 12, 2020, with the following guidelines:
The Rose Garden Pickleball
Safety Precautions Established by the CDC and USA Pickleball Association
- Prior to arriving at the court, wash your hands with soap and water and bring personal use hand sanitizer to the courts.
- Clean and wipe down your paddles and water bottles. Do not share paddles or any other equipment or clothing.
- Bring your own water bottle, sports drinks and snacks.
- The entry gate will be propped open. Do not touch it as you pass through and avoid touching any surface (benches, ball box, etc.). Bring your own chair if you want to sit.
- All players must wear and play in a mask that covers their nose and mouth.
- All players will bring their own marked ball and use only this ball when serving.
- Players will not pick up or touch another players’ ball. Use your paddle and foot to pick up balls and transfer them to your opponent. If utilizing a raised net, hit the ball under the net to your opponent.
- A bucket of Clorox water will be court side for sterilizing balls if needed.
- No changing ends mid-game. If possible, play on the same end of the court.
- Maintain 6 ft or more distance between all players at all times.
- If playing doubles, call balls “yours” and “mine” to avoid incidental contact with your partner.
- Avoid contact with others, such as paddle bumps, hand shaking and high fives.
- Use hand sanitizer between games.
- Adhere to CDC guidelines by not touching your face after handling a ball or paddle.
- All participants must sign a liability waiver before entering the courts. The waiver will be emailed to you and you must bring the signed waiver before you can play.
Safety After Playing:
- Wash your hands after each match.
- Leave the court as soon as reasonably possible
- Wash your hands and use hand sanitizer immediately after your match is over.
- NO POST PLAY SOCIALIZING.
- Thoroughly wash your paddles, grips, pickleballs, towels, clothes, bags, water bottles, and other items you have used or touched.
USE OF THIS FACILITY IS LIMITED TO ROSE GARDEN OWNERS AND RESIDENTS. BY ENTERING THIS FACILITY YOU ACKNOWLEDGE POSSIBLE EXPOSURE TO THE COVID-19 VIRUS AND AGREE TO OBEY THE POSTED RULES. FAILURE TO OBEY THE POSTED RULES MAY RESULT IN THE FACILITY BEING CLOSED.
The ROSE GARDEN Board
Residents with tenants are asked to please forward this notice to them.